1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy

I recently reformatted my hard drive, and to my dismay, once I had used the recovery disc, and fixed all of my settings back to what they were, my browser was acting a bit sluggish. Pages and windows slowly "peel" away, instead of closing normaly. This is true of all windows, not just those in IE. I downloaded every update and new driver available and ran a Direct-X diagnostic. All tests were succesful. I ran scan disk, and defragged, to no avail. I have 66% free system resources. Anyone have any suggestions? This has never happened before.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I'm probably stating the obvious. Have you checked the windows virtual memory setting? Have you checked that all your ram is still there? Are you running a CDrom as a slave to your hard disc. I've had problems with the cdrom somehow causing access to the hard drive to hang for ages. Do you have a really annoying memory consuming program that runs in the background (apart from Windows ).

John
  5. No Profile Picture
    Apprentice Deity
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Niagara Falls (On the wrong side of the gorge)
    LOL. I was just about to say it sounded like a virus.... one of the infamous Windows virii perhaps???
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i think he likes photos of tennis players.
    Highest Leader of UM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo