Thread: Miva and Forms

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi everybody,
    Couldn't find another place to ask, so here it is -
    Here's what's happening: I have created a form and it works fine. It is sent to an e-mail address using a CGI script in PERL. The problem is, the script is generic and when the results come to the e-mail, each field is on the next line. Our marketing people didn't like that much and they want the results in their e-mail to look exactly like they do on the screen (i.e. preserving the look of the form exactly as it is, but having the fields filled out). They have this form on papre as well and want it to look as if it was filled ou on paper. I've been told, that it might be possible to format the way the results will look in the e-mail using Miva.
    I have never used Miva before, and any help, hints, poiting to tutorials or whatever else will be greatly appreciated.
    Is it possible to format those results in the e-mai? and Is it possible at all to send the results of the form to an e-mail address using Miva?
    Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Lightbulb

Hi,

you could try writting your oun mailing-script, and even with possibility to send in HTML format (or both Plain/HTML types), so your marketing department would receive HTML mail of Ur form-page with fill-in data.

Ciao
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks,

I think I got a couple of ideas - now gotta go and try them.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo