1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ques re:email to set cookie on site to redirect

Hi, forgive me if this isn't really something this forum can help me with but its helped me many times before and I am STUCK. I need to do a link from an email, that goes to our website, sets a cookie, sets a promo code for free shipping, THEN automatically redirects to our online catalog (on its own domain) and the customer can then shop the online catalog and the FREE SHIPPING PROMO travels throughout and is applied at checkout. The way it is now, we can do this of course just through the website but if we send them to the online catalog, the promo code doesn't go through it....

Anyone out there have any idea how to accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You can't set cookies for another domain name. The catalog site is what needs to track the free shipping - your other website can only start the process by (eg) redirecting to a specific URL, such as
    Code:
    http://www.example.com/?code=abc123
    There are other issues to worry about, such as people sharing the links they encounter (including the one above)...
  5. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Moved to Beginner Programming, since the language wasn't specified.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo