1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The development of management system for company

Hi there,

i am not sure where I should post this, so feel free to move it to right place.

Here is the situation:

We have security company, that has some amount of employees, and objects that the company is taking care of. They would like to manage how many hours people worked, where, and some other stuff like: students can only work 30 hours, extra pay work night shift and so. They would also like to access everything online, so this system should be website. Maybe also desktop application also for their company PC.

I can make eg C# app, I have some experience with C#, but I aint go any expo with web.

What would you recommend me? I don't know what would be the best for such a task. Company is small, might be less then 15 objects and less then 40 employees.

I read something about PHP, SQL, some frameworks and so, but I am kinda confused. Help and pointing to some direction from someone who knows this stuff would be very helpfull for me to start.

Thanks, conta
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I recommend you buy existing software to do this and spend the time you saved not developing it on something more productive.
  5. No Profile Picture

well, thanks for idea, but unfortunately I need to do this on my own, I can't buy existing solution
  7. Sarcky

Unfortunately for you, step 1 of a project like this is "spend 3-6 months learning a programming language." Especially since this is a security company and there are HR concerns, you're not going to be successful. There's probably laws applying to what you're doing.

You can certainly try to do it yourself. if it's going to be distributed to multiple machines, use PHP/MySQL. The new user guide in the PHP forum will get you started.

-Dan
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks again,

the company isn't so big, and they got only one lady that has the stuff like hours worked saved in Excel document, or in paper form. So only she and owner would probably be working with this.

I think task is not so complex and hard, as they only wanna get rid of Excel and paperwork. You can image what mess they have when counting wages. So they want to simplify this every-month-task, and some extra features like checking how much some special person can worked and worked (eg. student can work XX hours a week, contract person XY a month), some semi-automatic system for making contracts (eg they put name and so, and they can print the contract with employee to signature).
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

an important thing to do is to google how to attack a php/mysql site, and find how to avoid the regular stuff, like mysql injections for example ..
  13. Sarcky

Honestly, if it's that small, you can probably do it in a business programming language/application. Excel supports VBA, you can use that. You could also do this in Access.

i don't recommend either for "real" work, but for what you're describing they should be sufficient.

-Dan
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo