1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

[READ] inspirational guidance needed! [HELP}

Not sure if I can post here but move if needed.

Hey there, I'm 14 years of age and have recently started liking/getting involved in web design and development. I really struggle using apart from dreamweaver , as I do code but always resolve in using the "design" for anything I can't be asked to find. I've been attempting to teach myself coding for a few months now and so far I know how to edit CSS and a fair bit of HTML. I have tried and tried to teach myself new languages such as PHP, Javascript etc.. but find myself always getting distracted by other things. I really need help here and I've tried asking to be taught it at school although that didn't really help as they don't teach it. So if you're reading this comment and would love to help me out and teach me new things, PLEASE PLEASE send me a quick private message. I really need help, thank-you for reading!

P.s - I would love to learn to become like the pros, just I feel as if I am alone with this. No help is provided at school and as I mentioned It's too easy to become distracted at home.
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I remember being 14. I got distracted by... well just about everything! Then again, that doesn't change a whole lot so you get used to it after a few years.

The biggest tip that I'd give is to not get stressed about it at all. You've got a long time left to be able to learn these things, and it will fall into place when it needs to. The best thing that you can do is to figure out some sort of project that you want to build for yourself. It doesn't matter what it is, and it doesn't matter if anyone else thinks that it's a good idea or not. All that matters is that it can mean something to you. This will help with keeping your focus. It won't help much, but it's a good start. When you get to that stage, it's normally easier (for me at least) to find a solution to a problem that I'm having rather then just going through various tutorials that don't relate to anything that I'm doing at the time.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hey yall. First post!
    I started to teach myself programming when I was around 14. I'm 23 now. When I first made websites, it was in FrontPage. I actually still use FrontPage from time to time. Dreamweaver is awesome, but I think FrontPage is easier to learn.

Are you interested in learning PHP? PHP is a lot of fun. I knew a little bit of it for a while, just enough to suit my needs. But I'm now just getting into it more. If you'd like, I can show you a sample website done in PHP.

GL!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo