1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Domain specific languages vs Software reusable libraries (For Software reuse)

Hi

I am doing research about software reuse methods. I have read that The major problems in the utilization of such reuse libraries are in determining appropriate artifact classification schemes and in the selection of methods to effectively and efficiently search the library.

And to bypass the problems with reuse libraries, the use of specialized domain-specific languages was proposed as an alternative.

I would like to know why Domain Specific Languages are more preferable approach than reusable libraries as a good strategy to follow in software reuse filed.

Thanks,
    Joe
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    I figured out which paper you googled for when doing your research:
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...1uVWZiibX6uVcA
    The paper looks like it was written by a couple of Pointy Hair Boss types rather than engineers. The paper contains a crap-load of buzz words, but doesn't really have any concrete conclusions and it doesn't look like the authors have actually written any significant program in their life, based on what they assert are "facts". A lot of what they say is horse-puckey. I'd also watch out for any papers that have no references.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo