1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have a new concert for a new mmorpg

i have a new idee for a new and revolutionary concept for a mmorpg and i do not know how to go farther . i'm afraid to share my new concept because anybody can used after . can you give me an advice pls . thank you .
  3. Old Fart

Cool

The idea behind "open source" is to share concepts and code so that anyone can use them. This is a community of programmers and others who all share the results of their labor writing open source code. Thus your question seems to be directed to the wrong audience.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

while i agree with this i also disagree. While many of use produce open source code including myself. Most of us have commercial projects that we do not classify as open source.

And to answer your question. First learn to spell and use grammar because you will need to draft up many legal documents. But the one of utmost importance is a NDA Non-Disclosure Agreement

Comments on this post

• richpri agrees : I stand corrected.
  7. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

I don't want to put you down, but you're not the first to have "a revolutionary new idea that must be kept secret", and I've never heard anything again from all those revolutionary encryption algorithms, business concepts, games and whatnot.

If you really think your idea might make money, you should look for professional advice, not turn to an Internet forum. And like richpri already said, this is a forum for programmers, not entrepreneurs (though some of us are probably both).

If your idea turns out to be not all that revolutionary when you come to think about it, you should really consider to make it open source. This will give you a lot of valuable experience and others some fun, and it's much better than a "revolutionary idea", that dies ofter some months like all the others.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo