1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello, these are my first steps in the linux world.
    I would like to use a apache module, but first (the README say this) i have to run the configure file and then i have to run make. O.K., i type ./configure and the answer is : no soch file or Directory. How can this be, for shure it is a file i can see it ???
    anyone know what i do wrong ???
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

./configure means run the configure file in this directory, this directory being the one you are currently in.
    If you are in another directory, which does not contain the configure file, the system will not find it and you will get an error message.
    You may, therefore, need to change directories to the one containing the configure file - cd /pathname where pathname is the full path from root to the directory containing the file (without the actual filename on the end).
    It could be something like cd /usr/lib/apache/sbin
    I don't expect for one minute that it is, but that's the sort of thing you need to enter.

If you are already in the right directory, you could try typing configure without the ./ although it's leaving off the ./ which usually produces the error message, not the other way round.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo