September 3rd, 2013, 11:24 AM
Help: Status of Request Program
Hi, I want to create a program that tells a person the status of his or her application, and I know it's been done before after all colleges do this all the time for their student applications, but was wondering how they do it. What I was thinking is:
1. student fills in all of his or her details (name, intended major/department of study, social security number, etc).
2. student creates a username and password to be able to check to see whether his or her application has been processed and whether they've been accepted into the college or not (the college itself, then his or her specific major and department)
3. college stores all of this information in a database of some sort.
4. admissions officers go through each application accepting or rejecting each applicant (in some cases being accepted to the main campus, but not into the department or major).
5. secretaries (??) types in whether a student has been accepted or rejected.
6. student logs in and finds out his or her fate!
Will this be difficult to create? Can this be done with Python?
Thank you for your time.
September 3rd, 2013, 01:07 PM
"Difficult" is relative, but yes this can certainly be done with Python as it is basically just a typical CRUD application: students create applications, students and university staff can read the applications, and staff update applications after they've been reviewed - possibly even during the review process too. (Nobody can delete anything.)