November 4th, 2013, 06:23 AM
A dream to pursue, how to proceed
I have now been thinking of this idea of mine for a looong time! Why not actually do shomthing and make it?
I allerady have some beginner experience in c++ and HTML(and CSS) altough i dont remember much, but i am sure it will come back quicly once i start again.
So how should i pursue my dream? I am planning to use this year uintill the summer to learn how to program, design and do electronics. But how? Wich languages?
I want to create a program that will be the center of the house. A program that will run on a indipendent chip/computer and communicate with other devices, computers and the internett.
My program needs:
- a pretty advanced AI. (So it understands for example a sentence i will feed it with, and be able to give a fitting response.) and be able to run several things at once and it needs to be pretty quick (responsive)
- a method to send wireless signals to other components.
- Be incorporeted into all systems. Windows, linux, mac etc. (like if the central program runs on an indipendent chip running for example linux and it is able to co operate on the same or a sligthly diffrent variation of the program on for example windows)
- Have a graphical interface that i can output to for example my tv (to for example watch movies, a monitor or a monitor bougth and used for that purpose.
Now for the questions:
- Wich programming languages should i learn? C++ was pretty confusing but i think i can manange (begginer c++ was easy but when i started moving on things became pretty confusing)
- Wich type of hardware should i use? (i have been sniffing on the raspberry pi latly, but i dont know if it is fast enough to deal with my problems)
- Should i take a course or should i just stick with youtube and internett?
Thank you internett for answering my questions!
November 5th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Perhaps Java. However your post is as vague as the eternal darkness, so it is not clear what you are about at all and since so, it is hard to give any good advice.