Thread: Right choice

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Right choice

Hello friends First of all I am a student of computer engineering specialty(learn C++) but recently I understood that I didn't want to work in my specialty. So I started to learn Web(HTML/CSS, JavaScript) but a lot of people said me:"Anybody can create a website, it's a waste of time" and I stopped my Web teaching. Next I wanted to try myself in gamedev, so I began to looking for materials about any game development platform(Unity, CryEngine,etc) and again people said:"Good game requires a lot of routine work, it's boring " and I stopped its too. Finally I write this massage and don't know What to do next? Please HELP P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
  3. Forgotten Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by Green_PanDa
    So I started to learn Web(HTML/CSS, JavaScript) but a lot of people said me:"Anybody can create a website, it's a waste of time" and I stopped my Web teaching.
    1. They are stupid because learning something is never a waste of time.
    2. If you want to do anything with web development then you must know those technologies.
    3. Anybody can make a site. Very few can do it well. The aim is to start in the former group and graduate to the latter group.

Originally Posted by Green_PanDa
    Next I wanted to try myself in gamedev, so I began to looking for materials about any game development platform(Unity, CryEngine,etc) and again people said:"Good game requires a lot of routine work, it's boring " and I stopped its too.
    1. They are stupid.
    2. It can be boring but that's not the point. Do you want to become a game developer? If yes then go for it. If not then try something else.

What do you want to do? Web development? Video game programming? Mobile apps? Something else?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

start with stuff you are passionate about, then learn what you need to accomplish that task. if you like making games, learn stuff that will make games.

when u made a game, you probably gona need a website for the game so you gonna end up learning html anyway.

decide on a direction first.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo