1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Where do I find these elements?

Hello All,
    Total Newb question here. How are these reporting analytics below designed and coded? Your help is appreciated.Thanks in advance!

3. Lazy Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Are you asking about the frontend (the appearance on the page) or the backend (how do they record and process numbers)? How much detail are you looking for?
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you for your reply.

Honestly I would like to know both, the appearance, and the backend. I would like to know how they track sales, revenues, conversions, etc. If you can give me a basic rundown i would appreciate it, thanks!
  7. Lazy Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Basic, sure.

Backend: The tracking and the conversions are two different things.
    - Tracking will be done with Javascript loaded into a client's site. It will set cookies on the user's browser, which their Javascript uses to "identify" the user and track which pages they visit at what time. Each visit to a page, and quite possibly other things like link clicks, will fire off an AJAX request to their website indicating what the user did and when. They store all this in a database.
    - Conversions require that the client's site pass along information, like how much the user spent with their transaction. This is matched up with the tracking information to (eg) identify what sequence of pages the user visited before making the conversion.

Appearance: Without seeing the page myself it's hard to say exactly what they're doing, but besides the obvious HTML and CSS, there's probably some Javascript for fancy effects, and there may be some HTML 5 video for that revenue chart bit. They'll get data from the database and display it. The data might have been pre-processed recently, like to get aggregate figures or to do some complex data analysis.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Thank you!
    • mcurrie360 agrees : Thanks!
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your input! I have a better understanding now

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo