1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Which book after A Modern Approach?

I have no knowledge in any language at all. As a beginner, I am going to read C Programming: A Modern Approach 2nd Edition by K.N. King. And after reading that book, which would be the next book to buy like from Amazon?
  3. No Profile Picture

No one is going to reply?
  5. Not An Expert

Apologies - there was one reply today but our automated filter appears to have eaten it. A user named wrangal349 recommended this book: amazon.com/C-How-Program-8th-Edition/dp/0133976890
  7. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

If you want to take up programming seriously then just get the right book from which you can make your first steps in programming. I think there is no need to purchase any book because there are various well-organised book available at free of cost.

As a beginner, you should focus on the "Fundamental principles and concepts of programming" because basic principles of writing programs have not changed all that much in the past 15 years. Technology get modernized, language changes but the fundamental of programming remain the same.

Take a look on this book: Fundamentals of Computer Programming with CSharp - Nakov - eBook - v2013

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo