1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Easy to use Web/Mobile Dev Platform with Database

I've been looking around for tools online where I can develop a web and mobile app that connect to a common database.

I am not a web developer, but am able to understand Ionic programming through tools like appery.io.

I am better at client/server apps and made some good progress with the Knack tool.

With both tools, the trial ran out before I could decide if its the route I wanted to go.

Is there free tool like appery.io, where it can connect to a database and I can build an app with real angularJS code?

I'd like to be able to have a working prototype with real data before I pay to go live.

At the other end, I'd like an easy to use web app tool that connects to a database and has the same trial/free situation.

Not sure there is anything that advanced that can be used for free or maybe there is.
  3. No Profile Picture

Well Ionic Frame work is html based framework, you will need to implement php and use ajax to connect to that database. So do you have any idea about php or any similar language?

Another option is to use plugin for local database if you want.
  5. No Profile Picture

After thinking about my platform, I realized I have a siteground account with mySQL database. I have a Wordpress website that uses the database and was messing around with custom post types in a sub domain site.

Wordpress has an API that provides full access to the data, but it is in the post/posts_meta format. I am testing to see if I can use the APIs as a data source for the mobile development.

Do you know if there is a more web app friendly site builder that follows more of the Create-Read-Update-Delete format, but is as easy to use as Wordpress and can attach to the mySQL database?

Siteground has other dev platforms, but not sure they are what I am looking for.
  7. No Profile Picture

Pretty much I'd like an easy to use web app builder where i can easily create a CRUD app that is easily connected to mySQL database. I can either create the database and have the app follow the format or vice versa.

Then I would to be able to use this data as a data source when building my mobile app, either by RSS, RESTful URL or similar.I am using EachScape to build my mobile app.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo