1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FreeBSD 9.0 - PHP 5.3.8 - PostgreSQL 9.1.2

Hello everyone,

I'm having issues with FreeBSD 9.0. I have PHP 5.3.8 installed as well as PostgreSQL 9.1.2.

The "port" that's available for the version of PHP I have installed is only for PostgreSQL 8.4.10, which is not suitable.

I am wondering how can I go about compiling a custom PHP 5.3.8 module to interface with the PostgreSQL 9.1.2 I have installed.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I went around the net looking and I didn't find much with what I was searching for but eventually came across using:

sudo make config
    make
    make install

This also will allow me to remove the package later with pkg_delete, I'm just waiting on news as to whether or not it will work with postgresql 9.1.2. The pre-compiled ports all required postgresql-client 8.4.10. We shall see.
  5. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    You could also try installing PHP from source instead of from ports and that way, you can get a later version of PHP as well, with all the bugfixes. That's how I used to do it when I was administering FreeBSD boxes.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo