Thread: PHP Build Issue

1. No one Important
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

PHP Build Issue

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone has install php as cgi on freeBSD 5.4? I am getting errors during the make process:

Code:
    sapi/cgi/getopt.lo main/internal_functions.lo -lcrypt -lcrypt -lmysqlclient -lmhash -lmcrypt -lltdl -lcurl -lz -lssl -lcrypto -lm -lcurl -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lcrypt -lcrypt  -o sapi/cgi/php
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lltdl
    *** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/sysman/php-4.3.11.
    Anyone come accross the same thing? anyone know how to get around this? I need to run as cgi and also readline, even though I have isntalled the readline port, php cannot find it...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hmm, well one problem usually turns in to several others...
    I had a similar issue with ld not finding stuff. I never solved it. However, I would check to see where -lltdl is and what it is. You can check with "ldconfig -r".
  5. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

You can use ldconfig to rebuild the cache if you need to. You do have that libarary right? Make sure you have it by trying to find it. You can just use ls *ltdl* on the various lib dirs.

If you don't have it, either install it or disable the part of PHP that is dependent on it. If you do have it, you might just need to re-run ldconfig to update the cache.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  7. No one Important
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by kicken
    You can use ldconfig to rebuild the cache if you need to. You do have that libarary right? Make sure you have it by trying to find it. You can just use ls *ltdl* on the various lib dirs.

If you don't have it, either install it or disable the part of PHP that is dependent on it. If you do have it, you might just need to re-run ldconfig to update the cache.
    The php version I was using did not like the ported version of mcrypt library on FreeBSD.... so I deinstalled that, and installed the libmcrypt version and all worked.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo