1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

webalizer install, problems with PNG library and support in FreeBSD.

Hello all. I had my server up and running just fine the other day. I installed FreeBSD 5.1 with the X-Dev basic configuration, but then added a few options such as sudo, vi, etc etc etc. I got apache, BIND, proftpd, and webalizer all running without a hitch.

The problem starts here, I had to re-install and format after running out of space. Gave myself a lot more space, installed the same x-dev preset, all the same options. I installed all my programs in the same dir's they were in before, all through sudo and my main identity. The only thing is now when I try and install webalizer it tells me during the ./configure that it cant find the png library. I show it as being installed when I go to "sysinstall" and even did a deinstall/reinstall via the ports dir. I have also downloaded the newest source .tgz and compiled it, but yet it still wont work. I try to install the GD library, which works fine, but even that during the ./configure file says I wont have support for PNG files, so its not helping my webalizer install at all. Anyone have any ideas, am I missing something really easy? Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Use the ports tree at all time, period.
    In addition, your subject title is way too long, don't do it again next time.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks, I guess. Your not too welcoming to new people. Merry Christmas to you too.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I don't care whether you are new or a regular, I care the quality of your post. If you don't know how to post, it's your own fault that you have to admit instead of defending for yourself any further. When I say your subject title is too long, just listen and stop doing it again.
  9. No Profile Picture

Well, you should care. A lot of people, including myself, look for help from people who obviously have a passion about the subject and want to help, not those who make you feel stupid for asking a question and are grumpy at all times. You are right though, ill keep it shorter next time. Just know that there are ways to help nicely as well as caring about quality, its not one or the other.

BTW, better tell the other people with the same length titles, they did the same too.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You are right though, ill keep it shorter next time
    Good, that's what I wanted to hear.
    look for help from people who obviously have a passion about the subject and want to help
    I already said "Use the ports tree at all time", that implies you would almost never need to run ./configure in *BSDs.
    BTW, better tell the other people with the same length titles, they did the same too.
    Tell me who, I'll act immediately. I don't care whether he's the administrator of the forum, a newbie or whoever. Note, I didn't make up the guidelines as they are merely implicit. You can check out the 1st page of this thread.
  13. No Profile Picture

I understand rules, dont get me wrong. I just misunderstood your attitude and intent. It seemed a little harsh and impersonable to me, sorry.

Look on page 2 of the threads for here, theres many long titles.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Just looked back to September 18th, 2003 but your thread here appears to be the longest and at least by 10 chars. If they are too old threads, please don't bother to tell me because the original thread starter may not be here any longer.
  17. No Profile Picture

Shut
    The
    Up

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo