1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ld can't find libraries

I'm trying to compile stepmania. It tells me it can't find libpng, but I installed that package.
    Code:
    checking png.h usability... no
    checking png.h presence... no
    checking for png.h... no

*** libpng is required to build StepMania; please make sure that
    *** it is installed to continue the build process.
    png.h is located in /usr/local/include/png.h AND /usr/local/include/libpng/png.h
    It says the same thing for libjpeg. How do I tell configure to look there?

Thanks!
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Yow! Did you compile libpng/libjpeg by hand yourself? They seem to be installed in non-standard locations. The real fix would be to install libpng and libjpeg in standard locations, which is what you should really do.

However, to get around your current predicament, look in the configure script. Most of them allow you to specify additional dir locations (e.g. --with-libdir= and --with-include-dir or something similar). By the way, png.h is an include file. The lib file should be called libpng.a or libpng.so
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I installed from ports (FreeBSD 6.0 BETA5). Then from src after that didn't work either.
    I'll try that in my configure script and let you know. I know about the library thing, sorry I didn't post it's location earlier (/usr/local/lib/libpng.a, /usr/local/lib/libpng.so and many others)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo