1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

OpenBSD ftpd, upload rate locked at 40KB?

Hello!

I run a OpenBSD box and I use their ftpd but when I upload on the FTP, I am locked at 40.0KB/sec.

Is there anything I can do to unlock it? It really is locked at the round number 40.0KB/sec. I am connecting to it from my LAN.

Thank you!
  3. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Not if they're throttling on their end. PF comes installed by default with newer OpenBSD releases, and it has a Quality of Service (QoS) feature built in, to allow throttling connection speeds. It is very possible that the admin on the other end is using it.

[edit]Never mind. I thought it was someone else's box that you were connecting to[/edit].
    Last edited by Scorpions4ever; July 30th, 2007 at 07:10 PM.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks for the info!

What do I have to look at to make sure that I'm not using speed throttle? If it can be of any help, when someone downloads from my FTP, they get the upload speed I am capped at (~100KB/sec). I am only throttled when I upload onto the FTP server.

Thank you for your time!
    Frank

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo