March 3rd, 2009, 08:20 AM
Daily Security run
I am having trouble with the daily security run on one of the four FreeBSD boxes we have. The regular daily run sends perfectly. Root mail is forwarded. There are no errors in the log that indicate something is blowing up. I am stumped here. Oh, I am also able to run the script by hand and when I turned off forwarding it ended up in the root mailbox. When I turned forwarding back on I was also able to hand craft a mail to the root mailbox and it forwarded properly. I am stumped here. Happy to answer any clarification questions.
I am a relative n00b with FreeBSD but am moderately skilled in RedHat Linux.
FreeBSD <notmyrealhostname> 6.3-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE-p7 #0: Sun Dec 21 03:11:43 UTC 2008 email@example.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64