1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to create an action plan?

Can anyone give me some examples on how an action plan looks like? for a web developer
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Commonly these days there are two documents produced: 1) Business Requirements Document. A BDR describes the expectations of what will be accomplished. This is generally produced by the client/customer. 2) A Functional Design which describes how it will be implemented, maybe some mock screens, the data tables and relations, the technology required. This is generally produced by the developer.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by medialint
    Commonly these days there are two documents produced: 1) Business Requirements Document. A BDR describes the expectations of what will be accomplished. This is generally produced by the client/customer. 2) A Functional Design which describes how it will be implemented, maybe some mock screens, the data tables and relations, the technology required. This is generally produced by the developer.
    Good planing is vital to any creation. It is as you say first the General Requirements and then another draft and as many as you need to come to a final.

It's nice that you have names for each draft.
  7. No Profile Picture

Action Plan

I'm not sure if your looking for proper legal documentation or something more along the lines of a good outline for you and your team to work off of.

Creating a broad outline for a project is helpful, but what to include?

Personally I find that writing a couple of sentences to describe basic actions helps me to get started. For example. "players will be using a first person view to shoot one another. Weapons and power-ups will be picked up by using action key"

These kinds of simple sentences can help you outline how you want your game to function, and start to fill in the "how it should work" end of development.

Now you can develop a basic outline from those key component sentences.

-First Person Shooter
    -Players move with W,A,S,D
    -Players look with mouse
    -Players shoot with LMB

-Power-ups
    -Picked up using action key
    -Randomly Generated Drops
    -Grenades
    -Health Packs

ETC. This should give you an idea of how to create a in depth outline for your game. Then from there you can easily hand out individual portions to your programmers and designers.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo