1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Credit Card Acceptance

Hi,

So how would one go about accepting card payments in our CMS clients websites?

I know PayPal has those buy now buttons but I don't want my client to insert the products price on his website and then have to do everything again in PayPal if you know what I mean?

Is there a service with dynamic buy now buttons?

For example, when the costumers finishe a purchase in my website the button would recieve a total ammout to pay and when it got to paypal or whatever, it would only have the total ammount to pay.

Hope you know what I mean and thanks in advance.
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Most open source shopping carts and open source CMS packages that include carts have credit card / payment modules available. What are you using for your CMS?
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by drgroove
    Most open source shopping carts and open source CMS packages that include carts have credit card / payment modules available. What are you using for your CMS?
    Do you mean what programing languange?
    if so its PHP.

And by the way Im a newbie php programmer but can create my own shopping cart, only need a secure form of accepting card payments online.

Thank you
  7. Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by FabioGoncalves
    Do you mean what programing languange?
    if so its PHP.

And by the way Im a newbie php programmer but can create my own shopping cart, only need a secure form of accepting card payments online.

Thank you
    OK, so, are you in the process of building an entire shopping cart in PHP, and you're looking for PHP credit card / payment modules that you can leverage? Or, are you working on an existing CMS / Shopping Cart application, and looking for a cc/payment plug-in?
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

OK, so, are you in the process of building an entire shopping cart in PHP, and you're looking for PHP credit card / payment modules that you can leverage? Or, are you working on an existing CMS / Shopping Cart application, and looking for a cc/payment plug-in?
    Im building one myself but need a secure solution for the last stage were the user makes the payment.

thank you
  11. Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by FabioGoncalves
    Im a newbie php programmer but can create my own shopping cart
    Hey man, not to be a joykill here, but the phrases "I'm a newbie php programmer" and "...can create my own shopping cart" are mutually exclusive concepts.

I would strongly recommend looking for a secure, production-ready existing solution for this. If you're a n00b to PHP, building a shopping cart is not where you should be starting.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey man, not to be a joykill here, but the phrases "I'm a newbie php programmer" and "...can create my own shopping cart" are mutually exclusive concepts.

I would strongly recommend looking for a secure, production-ready existing solution for this. If you're a n00b to PHP, building a shopping cart is not where you should be starting.
    Ok I confess Im not that new to php but I've only just started to learn oop and was looking for a solution for this but not something that is allready predefined.
  15. Moderator Emeritus

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo