1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Email advertising pricing model

Does anyone know of any companies that sell ad space on their email communications? I'm looking for some pricing models for monetizing emails.
  3. guru
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

i own a IT training company and wanted to promote on an IT job site... they wanted 4k for a month... then after leaving it a week they dropped it to 2k. That was for a months mail notification to thier clients... Couldnt really justify the expense... not sure how others feel about this but without a proven record of the effectiveness of your email marketing then you cant really charge a lot...

so in short the things i think that affect the price you can offer are :

1) Demographics (Are you easily able to split your target audience)
    2) How many customers / verified email addresses your able to reach in that period
    3) Proven effectivenes of the advertisement - Do the clients you email actually read your email and look at the advertisement?

The company mentioned above is cwjobs.co.uk http://mediapack.cwjobs.co.uk/mediapack/emailcampaigns.htm
    Create, Inspire & enjoy
  5. No Profile Picture

Yahoo Mail charges around $1-$5 / 1000 emails. Minimum budget is $25k and will run out within few seconds!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I guess feedblitz.com does

Best regards,
    Gabrielle ~ Host Department LLC
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I buy and sell advertising space in newsletters in the homeschool market regularly. To be honest, the market is not rationale or norm-based. There are deals that I see that are way overpriced and underpriced. Shop!

As a general rule, for a dedicated email, the discussion for mailing to a quality opt-in list, using only names that have not unsubscribed, I tend to think of this as worth between a penny and a nickel a name. Questions that I ask before I do a significant buy would be:
    - history of the list. Where and when did these people subscribe
    - mailings to the list. How many and what types?
    - Typical open rates of emails?
    - Typical clickthru on emails?
    - Typical purchases on emails?
    - What emails to this list have worked best and worse?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

For non-dedicated emails, as an insert in a newsletter, you again need to make a judgement call starting with is this a placement that gets a great deal of visibility? Is it a newsletter that people actually would read?

Or are you getting an obscure spot at the bottom of a long newsletter that nobody will see?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

One more thought. My best email deals have been through swaps.

I own half a dozen websites with some very significant traffic and email lists. I've recently started swapping mailings with other groups of similar size and demographics. It's worked like a charm.

And the relationships with like-minded groups that I'm not directly competitive with has been great. We've also started swapping advertising which has worked great for us.

of course, this is all very different than buying inserts from massive email companies like yahoo.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo