Thread: GetACoder???

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

My experience with them has not been to bad, Only problem I did have is one site I had a coder make, he used a nulled illegal script on my site that I had to replace with a legal one. You get what you pay for I guess.
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  3. No Profile Picture

I thought I would give my 2 cents.

Yesterday, this was the status of my account.

In my account: $500
    Pending escrow payments: $1250
    Number of clients: 4
    Today this is the status of my account

Suspended
    What reason have the given for the suspension? None. My account has just disappeared without notification. What has happened to my money? No clue! Its ****ing vanished like a fart on the wind.

Now I have a number of problems.

I have a **** load of work completed but hasn't been paid for as I no longer have access to escrow. I have 2 clients I cannot get in touch with due to the rigid enforcement of the 'no contact outside of the site' rule. This means I cannot even redirect their business to paypal.

Worse still, one client wanted to delay the project. I told him that is fine as long as he releases the escrow. (The site is 90% done) I will then finish up later. He released the escrow last night. I have a message saying I got that. Yet I cannot access my account. He has just paid getacoder several hundred dollars... I cannot hand over the website as he hasn't paid me. So now he is furious and doing a lot of finger pointing.

The fact is that I haven't breached any terms and conditions. The only dodgy thing I have done is bid $250 on one project and charged $500. The project negotiation time ended and me and the client was still talking. Client suddenly wanted a wordpress site instead of a brochure site. I could not adjust bid. So we agreed in the chat that the amount should be $500, not the $250 bid. Hardly my fault. Hardly matters when I have 38 positive reviews and 50 projects completed.

If you had asked me yesterday what I thought of the site I would have said that it is great.

80% of the projects are a waste of time. $100 to clone paypal.. $50 to write 100 x 500 word articles.. however 20% are honest guys who will pay a good amount for a site they require. These people are a joy to work with and nothing can go wrong.

However, today I learned that GAC can close an account without warning or notification. They can effectively steal $1750 off me in a heartbeat. I am contacting my lawyer. I am taking them to court.
  5. No Profile Picture
    CEO StealthyHosting

Have you contacted gac? What was thier response?
    Unless the site has changed once you award a bid winner you can comunicate off site...
    Brian Kearney, CEO Stealthy Hosting Inc
    Shared/Reseller/Dedicated Hosting Http://StealthyHosting.com
    Please Contact us for VPS/Colo pricing.
    Email: sales@stealthyhosting.com Phone: 253-880-1233
  7. No Profile Picture

trying to uncover getacoder

Getacoder has a suspicious shroud around it. There are is no identifying information about where it is located, who is in charge, or any accountability.

Does anyone know anything about them (that is, their real identity)? I have found that their ISP is in France (OVH) and, in some reports, in the UK. A customer service agent sending me a note had a very British-sounding name. Even though their name is reported by Network Solutions as GetaCoder LLC, there is no such company in the US, France, or the UK, so I suspect it is some other company name using getacoder for internet use.

Thanks
  9. No Profile Picture

more on getacoder

They are definitely in the UK. Their server is somewhere around Leeds, in Great Britain, according to one of the sitemap sites. Now to figure out where and who they are.

If people have names of people who contacted them, that might lead somewhere. Please send them to my email address
    which is user name work with domain name cqs.com. (Listing it this way to avoid spam). Please don't post them here.

Thanks
  11. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

After five years of this thread being open I'm closing it now, this forum is for discussion of intellectual property, contracts and such and this has gone off tangent long enough.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo