Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need ideas for getting more web design clients

Any ideas??? I find that I normally have to go find clients. Any thoughts on cold calls, emails, listings to post site on, random friending on facebook...ANY thoughts?
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Any thoughts on cold calls
    Hate them. Almost everyone does. Bad idea

emails
    If you can't smother it in wasabi it's probably not the kind of spam most people consume.

random friending on facebook
    Hi! You don't know me but would you please be my friend and pay me to design your website? Cool! You roxx! .. worst idea of all.

Most successful entrepreneurs get most of their business through word of mouth. Of course you should have your own website which showcases why you're better than everyone else, and maybe pay for some targeted advertising (not spam) pointing people there.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

know of any listings?
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by naynay447
    know of any listings?
    Any listings of what? Or do you mean any directories that you can submit your site to?

If you want people to hire you as a designer or firm, then you need to have examples out there of what you have done and what you can do. If you don't have word-of-mouth clients then you'll need a good website with good examples and very good SEO to get visitors in.

You can also advertise in newspapers, magazines and other print-based media.

The big thing is that you want to get your message out there so people can see your name and your company, but you don't want to do it in a way that will annoy potential clients (like unsolicited emails, cold calls, etc).
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    Any listings of what? Or do you mean any directories that you can submit your site to?

If you want people to hire you as a designer or firm, then you need to have examples out there of what you have done and what you can do. If you don't have word-of-mouth clients then you'll need a good website with good examples and very good SEO to get visitors in.

You can also advertise in newspapers, magazines and other print-based media.

The big thing is that you want to get your message out there so people can see your name and your company, but you don't want to do it in a way that will annoy potential clients (like unsolicited emails, cold calls, etc).
    Newspaper!!! Hadn't even crossed my mind
  11. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by naynay447
    Newspaper!!! Hadn't even crossed my mind
    It's amazing... In the days of everything being electronic, everyone has forgotten that standard print media can be useful to.
  13. No Profile Picture

Designing website is slightly different than other businesses, If you have an eatable product, some footwear, cloths etc it is going to end with time, but websites are futuristic products: i.e they sustain, grow and be matured with time, so when a person goes for searching a website design company, they are always in search for some one who are very good in this. You can not trust any one- since it is question of your brand, you have to get clients and leads through your website.
    People search over internet, they like to know your strength, there is nothing wrong with cold calls, news papers etc, but at the same time you should be ready to justify you.
    The most effective could be referrals than anything else
  15. No Profile Picture

I find a lot of the clients from the newspaper can be more bottom of the barrel, it could be different in a city. Go to local business events.. cocktail hour etc etc and just talk to business owners. Good chance they'll either need dev work or know somebody who does. I've worked at/ran a few call centers. If you go into cold calling businesses expect to hear a lot of nos(and you'll probably have to go through a gate keeper) but if you stick with it you may get lucky. I would suggest cold calling business owners from companies you admire and setting up dinners so you can pick their brain and rolodex.
  17. No Profile Picture

I think a key thing newer web designers should realize is that they will need to build up a database or list of prospects or contacts from where to get work because many prospects aren’t ready to hire you at the outset.I have observed that many new web designer are scared to death about talking about what they do that they will do other things (like redesign their site for the umpteenth time) instead of talk to people.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

At Social Networking sites... Many people create their profile just to expand their network. Try to network among like interest people and tell them who you are....

If they find your profile interesting then for sure they will connect with you. Once they are connected have a general communication and then you must try to promote your business.

This formula might help you generate few leads.

All the best.
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Catacaustic
    It's amazing... In the days of everything being electronic, everyone has forgotten that standard print media can be useful to.
    I agree, but if you compare with this with digital media then it has greater reach, sustainability and cost effectiveness than electronic media.
  23. No Profile Picture

Benefits of web marketing

These three and simple basic steps will definitely help you understanding internet marketing:
    1.Internet marketing really helps to attract prospective customers that are previously in search of the particular services that you just present which often allows you to reel inside people prospective buyers whom will be ready make a dedication.
    2.Promoting your online business on the web together with specific pay per click traffic promotion enables you to bring in people prospective buyers whom reside in just a particular spot (or whom are searhing for important products and services in your community in which you need to do business).
    3.Internet promotion helps to bring in an elevated amount of readers whom may not be completely focused on building a invest in although that will always be supplied the web site will be able to reel these inside.
    Last edited by hiker; September 10th, 2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Removed fake sig
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

First create new fan page and LinkedIn group. And then promote your work and testimonial there...

This might help you to generate leads
  27. No Profile Picture

ever tried classified ads?
  29. No Profile Picture

Maybe try stalking craigslist?
    Not the most high-brow way to go about things but there are people on there looking for designers and then each of these (sometimes) has a network and word of mouth can go a long way (as some of the first responders were saying)
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo