1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How do I improve my credit score?

Hi everyone, I have been going through my credit scores lately and feel as if it is time to get someone working on it. I really don’t have any particular reasons so as to have low scores but I need someone to work on them to make them better in case of a loan (that I expect to take in a few months) I need. So, can you please suggest me some good agencies that could help me out.

Thanks in advance!
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't suggest any agencies, "credit repair" businesses are almost wholly fraudulent.

Get a credit card through a reputable financial service, make small purchases and pay off your entire balance each month. That's the easiest way to start building it back up. Once you do that secure a loan, such as a car loan or a personal loan for a fairly large purchase, and make your payments timely, or even early. Maintaining good credit standing going forward is the best way to improve your credit score. Make sure you're on top of all your other debts including phone and electric service.

Get your credit report and see what's counting against you. If there's an item of dispute work with the credit reporting agency to straighten it out. You have a right to file a dispute with them, and there's a process to do so (see below FTC link). You don't need to hire someone to do this work for you.

Stay away from any company that claims they can "repair" your credit.

FTC: How to repair your credit yourself

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) says do yourself a favor and save some money, too. Don’t believe these claims: they’re very likely signs of a scam. Indeed, attorneys at the nation’s consumer protection agency say they’ve never seen a legitimate credit repair operation making those claims. The fact is there’s no quick fix for creditworthiness. You can improve your credit report legitimately, but it takes time, a conscious effort, and sticking to a personal debt repayment plan.
    But of course you know this, because you yourself are running such a scam. (See: threads below). Although you might want to take note:

Federal Trade Commission cracks down on 36 'credit repair' operations ...

Comments on this post

• hiker agrees
    Last edited by medialint; May 20th, 2009 at 12:39 PM.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Re:How do I improve my credit score?

Having a good credit score is really important and you never know when the low scores would get you into unwanted trouble. Moreover, when going for a loan, these are one of the prerequisites that you have to take care of. Recently, my cousin had taken the services of a credit repair company to get her scores in a better shape. I hope that this would benefit you too.
  7. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You always have conversations with yourself? Your IP is in the same IP block as the OP ... I hope this info will benefit you too ...

Comments on this post

• Skipt agrees : owned.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo