1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Infringing upon intellectual property

I just asked a question here yesterday about coding something in my page

Code:
    http://forums.devshed.com/html-programming-1/need-help-embedding-find-theater-button-742966.html#post2528995
    But today I received an e-mail from Paypal with the following message:
    ...we have received a report that you are currently infringing
    upon the intellectual property of Fandango, Inc.
    My site is movieticketbargain dot com

I have a Paypal button set up to receive payments but I just received an e-mail that I'm infringing upon intellectual property of Fandango, Inc. I know this is not a legal forum, for the most part, but if you don't mind checking it out right quick, do you guys think it's the search button on the right that re-directs to Fandango? Or was it the text in my post (I just removed it) that said "go to Fandango.com" so people could check the movie times. The "Fandango.com" text had an "a href" html tag that re-directed to the Fandango home page.

Can Fandango track where the urls are coming from? Or is it Paypal who is tracking this? Since I've gotten two payments so far for movie tickets. But no where in the payment description does it say "Fandango"

I'm assuming that it's because I have those Fandango links, but a second opinion would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

1. I don't see anything to do with Fandango there.
    2. Was the email more specific than just what you posted?
    3. How does this ticket thing work?
  5. They're coming to take me away

You should read their Terms & Conditions. Specifically:
    It is also prohibited to use Fandango on sites or pages that promote or endorse other internet movie ticketing services, whether directly or via site advertising.
    And to answer your question about if they can track what URL's people are visiting from, the answer is yes.

Comments on this post

• medialint agrees
    Last edited by hiker; September 9th, 2010 at 12:37 AM.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by requinix
    1. I don't see anything to do with Fandango there.
    2. Was the email more specific than just what you posted?
    3. How does this ticket thing work?
    I had the word "Fandango"direct users to the fandango home page upon clicking the word, it was located on the description for movie purchase tickets. So I'm guessing that they tracked it. I removed all references to Fandango and Paypal said it's ok now. How it works? People buy the movie tickets and I e-mail them the e-ticket. I just started this so it's just a few bumps that I can handle. Thanks everyone for the input!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo