1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What Is The Best Link To Use

Hi, i have designed and developed close to 100 websites now and i am trying to find out what is the best link to add at the bottom of each of my clients site, suc as "Design & Developed by Company Name"

I have seen a lot of web development companies add seo keywords to their clients sites and then link to their web development company site, such as "SEO & Web Design Ireland" and then link this to the web development company site.

What in your view is the best method to utilise on your clients, thanks in advance...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

In my opinion keyword loading of any kind looks unprofessional. I would just keep it short and simple, "Designed & Developed By X" sounds good. You could even shorten it to just designed or just developed, although since larger sites often have separate design and development firms having both does make sense. Or you could substitute a verb that is more ambiguous, like "Built".

You could also go with a noun; something like "Website by X" or "A Site by X", but these are more context sensitive and less clear in my opinion.

Comments on this post

• jamespayne agrees
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok thanks for your help... do you not think that this could help your company slightly with SEO, maybe if you only displayed it in the footer of the home page of each of your clients sites...
  7. For POny!

Originally Posted by oo7ml
    Ok thanks for your help... do you not think that this could help your company slightly with SEO, maybe if you only displayed it in the footer of the home page of each of your clients sites...
    Its a one way link to your site so yes, How much no one knows
  9. No Profile Picture
    Online Strategist

I think you should use them to improve your search engine rankings. Something like "Website designed by xxx" doesn't look like spamming and do have some keywords that will help you with rankings. You might also want to vary anchor texts from one website to another so you want have many links with the exact same anchor text.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Some keywords I believe are OK though I would suggest varying your anchor text of course. Short and sweet does it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo