Thread: Marketing

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Marketing

Greetings,

Right, so I'm looking to generate new clients for my developer company. Any idea on how to do so? I've posted flyers at local bulletin boards for website development, and pc maintenance. Nothing yet. I've even recently purchased a phone line for the new company, because I thought people would be more comfortable calling if they need pc repair. I do have an email address as well, but no one's sent any emails.

I recently created an entry on yp.com. I've got a website, but I'm working on it with the other owners to bring it up to snuff.

Any ideas on what technologies are hot and where to market? It looks like some mobile coding is in, but I don't own a mobile phone and am not sure how to begin developing and what to apps would be good to develop (are games in?). I guess I could do some simple search engine queries to find out where to start development.

I know I've thrown a lot out there, any advice would be good. The site I'm working on is: resonantprogramming.com
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by yeller94
    Greetings,

Right, so I'm looking to generate new clients for my developer company. Any idea on how to do so? I've posted flyers at local bulletin boards for website development, and pc maintenance. Nothing yet. I've even recently purchased a phone line for the new company, because I thought people would be more comfortable calling if they need pc repair. I do have an email address as well, but no one's sent any emails.

I recently created an entry on yp.com. I've got a website, but I'm working on it with the other owners to bring it up to snuff.

Any ideas on what technologies are hot and where to market? It looks like some mobile coding is in, but I don't own a mobile phone and am not sure how to begin developing and what to apps would be good to develop (are games in?). I guess I could do some simple search engine queries to find out where to start development.

I know I've thrown a lot out there, any advice would be good. The site I'm working on is: resonantprogramming.com
    If your offering programming services, maybe post in some of the freelancer forums and marketplaces, like scriptlance and elance.

Comments on this post

• yeller94 agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks, those sites look like they may be good
  7. No Profile Picture

Marketing

Some Guidelines for your Clients:
    Pitch your self as a developer who understands web designers, because most of them need a developer
    Write a small web app like ta-da list or jobpile and get some recognition
    Answer tech questions on forums and use a signature that says you offer freelance coding services
    Enter a programming contest like RailsDay
    Contribute to open source efforts and get known
  9. No Profile Picture

try to run a geo targeted seo campaim. you can choose a keyword with low competition and get targeted traffic to your site.
    i think its the best way bcz you will get new inquiries every day since you start to rank
    regards
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

yes,post your services in freelance forums and also take the help of any SEO company to promote your site and business.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you all

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo