1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Nested Webpage Ad Revenue

I'm wondering how ads work with nested webpages. Basically, I have an idea for a website that would have charts that are updated daily and I would like to encourage blogs, websites, etc. to display my chart as a nested page. Could I do this and capture ad revenue from this? Would I get web traffic counts for views on the blog or website where my content is nested?
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

It's possible to do. Instead of sending the HTML for the charts only, add in the HTML for the ads as well. It's a pretty easy thing to do. As far as recording hits go, do you want them to be recorded through some analytics system, or from your own system? If it's another system, then add their tracking code into your HTML as well. If it's your system, just record each view.

On a separate note... I'd be a little bit wary about including your own ads with the charts. The first thing to check is the terms and conditions of the advertisers - I know some that don't allow this sort of thing. There could also be issues if your charts are used on any "not-so-nice" sites, or sites that fall outside of your advertisers T&C's again. You would run the risk of having all of your advertising revoked because of someone else.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks, These are good concerns.

I'm very new to website operation so I'm not exactly sure how all of this works. If someone has my html chart on his/her webpage, would I get a page view when someone opens this other webpage as far as ad pricing is concerned? I'm trying to get an idea if this is worth my time to pursue.

I have a feeling there have to be safeguards in place to prevent abuse, but if I am using this legitimately could I garner extra ad revenue from this?
  7. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

It's possible that you'll get more revenue from it, but if you're putting your own ads over other people pages I doubt that you'll get many users. There's two big reasons for this:
    1. If I had an ad on my site, I'd want it to be mine, not yours.
    2. There's a lot of other free charting libraries out there that don't include ads.
  9. No Profile Picture

Try ad networks such as adsense, reachjunction. It may helps.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo