1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PayPal email Payments and fraud prevention

Morning All,

A friend of mine owns a retail shop and they have recently been stung by a fraudster via a telephone payment.

They sell products on-line and use the paypal gateway. They have some movement in their prices on their products, hence, this particular fraudster found their products on-line and enquired over the phone if they could price match a competitor. They could, and payment was taken over the telephone.

Whilst they understood the risks of telephone payments, they are now looking for an alternative system to secure the payments and further reduce their risks of chargebacks.

It is to my understanding that paypal's emailing of invoices and links to pay do not allow the use of 3D-Secure technologies, does anyone know of a company that offers this?

Alternatively, would it be possible for my friends company to have an independent payment page on paypal, that they could send a link to their prospective customer (and embed the total amount payable into the link) so that the customer ultimately lands on the payment page, and can process the payment using 3D secure?

Any help our guidance around this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

No chargeback guarantee

I actually work for a company that secures e-payments and provides a chargeback guarantee. We're called Riskified - check us out, we'd love to help out.

Our goal is to help merchant steer clear of fraudulent orders, while assuring they don't reject any legitimate orders just because they show some suspicious indicators.

Generally speaking, your friend should probably be extra careful with phone orders. Fraudsters find it much easier to pretend to be legitimate buyers over the phone than trying to overcome technological difficulties in an online sale.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

PayPal Payment Verification Department

You know one thing PayPal Payment Verification Department is available.. We are using this medium to tell you that we have receive the fund to your item but the money will not show yet in your account. This was done in other to protect you seller and the buyer .........
    <Edited out fake sig>
    Last edited by Scorpions4ever; August 27th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo