Thread: PayPal Setup

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PayPal Setup

Hi, i am finding it difficult trying to find out a few things about setting up PayPal correctly...

PayPal seem to have so many different sites etc... and some of their explanations contradict each other...

01 - VERIFIED
    A - what does it mean
    B - what benefit does it give you
    C - what are the steps involved in becoming verified (and what do i need to provide paypal with)
    D - most importantly, how long does it usually take...
    E - if i just upgrade to a business account, do i still need to become verified or does creating a business account actually verify you too

02 - PAYPAL BUSINESS
    A - what does it mean
    B - what benefit does it give you
    C - what are the steps involved in upgrading to a business account (and what do i need to provide paypal with)
    D - most importantly, how long does it usually take to be set up as a business account...

03 - REMOVING RECEIVING LIMITS ON A BUSINESS ACCOUNT
    A - once i am set up as a business account, how do i remove all receiving limits
    B - what are the steps involved (and what do i need to provide paypal with)
    C - how long does the process usually take

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out with all, or even some of the questions above...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Really these are questions that can best be answered by PayPal. Maybe try calling them or emailing them or something.

In your defense, PayPal does have an extremely confusing set of product offerings and both their marketing and their API documentation suck and don't help clarify the situation at all. I've been working with PayPal for years and I still feel that way. I'm pretty sure momentum and eBay are the only reasons they stay in business.

1-A: It means that PayPal has verified that you are the person that you said you were when you signed up.
    1-B: Not sure; I think it qualifies you for some sort of fraud protection and maybe some other things. It might also be a per-requisite for some other things, like lifting the withdraw limit.
    1-C: I think they provide a few options; the one I've done in the past involves adding a bank account, then PayPal makes two deposits into the account and you have to give PayPal the amounts to verify that you own the account.
    1-D: I'd estimate 3-5 business days

2-A/B: I think the Business account has higher or more fees, but it's able to accept payment methods that a personal account isn't (like credit cards). There are probably some other differences too.
    2-C: I think it primarily involves just clicking on a button. I don't think you have to provide them with anything extra.
    2-D: If I remember correctly it's immediate.

3-A/B/C: I don't think there are any receiving limits on a verified business account, but there are withdraw limits until you do something. Again, I think they have a few options for removing the withdraw limit. One of them is providing a tax number, I'm not sure what the others are.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi E-Oreo, thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated...
  7. No Profile Picture

Every where There's Wifi and an outlet for my Tablet!
    I would like to encourage everybody who reads this thread to really think twice about paypal.. I mean we all understand that yes they do have benefits but EVERYBODY now a days also know about the constant random hassle they can put you through... We will never give them any business any more -- Google Checkout/Wallet is the way bros! Very Fast.. Very affordable.. Secure and Conveniant... I mean who doesnt have a gmail nowadays lol just trying to help.. peace
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Re: PayPal setup

I would like to encourage everybody who reads this thread to really think twice about PayPal.
  11. No Profile Picture

Ok.I will think about it but in my opinion Paypal has best yet beset with their services.
  13. No Profile Picture

Paypal Setup

Wow! There are lot of information that how to setup the paypal.
    Thanks you guys!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo