1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Promotional Ideas

Hi, I have designed a site where i hope to be able to charge companies to have a page about them and what they do, this also includes pubs and clubs etc.

How much should i charge?
    How should i go about promting my site. Is there any methodogies linked with this that may be interesting to look at? I would like to distribute some leaflets to local people. Is it better to spend more for a better leaflet, or less to give them the site details?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

build web site traffic first before you do anything else. Why would anyone want to pay to have a page on your site if your site doesn't have meaningful traffic?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So i should build by including maybe information on the local area, walks, local events, schools, history, stuff which i couldnt get anyone to pay for.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Guess you could do it for free for a number of businesses for the first 6 months or something, and you will build a rappor with businesses and let them know how it is going and how it is benefiting them, so when you hav alot of traffic, you can go and have a chat to them about charging since you know them personally by then.

If they ask why are you doing it for free, don't lie, just say it's a small business idea and you are checking out the viability of it as an idea, but will remain free for the first few months (don't say 6 since you may only need 3 to get it going).

You would need an independant report to prove somehow what your traffic is. If I wanted to advertise my business, I'd want to know this. And also know from businesses you put on the site to give a declaration that they are getting business from it.

Remember - always look at the question "Why would a business pay you for this?"
    And it's only if they can get money from it or save money from it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo