1. st0nEd c0deR
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Reclaiming a domain name, registered in my name

Hi

I recently signed up to a hosting company and at the time registered a domain for a new business idea. Subsequently the hosts server went down and the issues have still not been rectified after almost 2 weeks.

I found out in the first 24 hours that the server was registered to acegx.com and located at the softlayer datacenter in dallas.

As of today the company i registered with is still offline, although acegx.com are back online and re-setting customer accounts.

I have contacted both acegx.com and the company i registered with in order to gain access to the domain name be it a transfer to my usual registrar or at least to change the nameservers to one of my other accounts until i could initiate a transfer.

I have heard nothing back from either company after numerous emails to both and really need to get this domain up and running, I've got my web templates created and ready to roll and around 300 businesses to add to the directory to get things moving along. basically even though im not losing money im losing the possibility of making money in the future.

Is there any way to reclaim this domain name? I have emails stating i am the registered leaser of the domian and the whois displays my details when queried.

Just not sure where to go from here so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments on this post

• Weekend Coder agrees
    All is not what it seems, and it seems that this is not all!
    POISON - the answer to all of lifes little problems
  3. No Profile Picture

if you believe that you are the owner of acegx.com, you deserve to get this domain name back. However, the process to acquire your domain is not that easy because you need what I called as "Authorization Transfer Code". Without this, please never ever dream to get your domain back.

I have checkeed and this domain is registered with ENOM under the name of Tanya Hancock. Only Tanya Hancock can contact ENOM to get the transfer code.

Hope this helps
  5. st0nEd c0deR

Hi
    acegx.com was the company the reseller i signed up under was using and is owned by tanya hancock. the domain I own is search-manchester.com and have since found that this domain was registered under mindgenies, although I have still had no joy in getting the authorisation code from them I'll keep on trying.

Thanks for the reply though.
    All is not what it seems, and it seems that this is not all!
    POISON - the answer to all of lifes little problems
  7. No Profile Picture

if you believe that this domain is yours, your registrar may ask you to send further details, such as a copy of your resident card. However, since this domain is registered by Tanya Hancock, the details of Tanya Hancock needs to be sent to them

Maybe you can ask asphostcentral for further help.
  9. No Profile Picture

How Can I Get My Domain Name From My Hosting Co.

I Sent Emails Phonecalls /texts
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you have any proof of payment or order confirmation details etc then you can get this domain. You need to do some paperwork and you can get it back. We have done number of times for our clients
  13. No Profile Picture

Icann policy

Complaint form
    There is two links that can help you resolve these issues. The registrar is bound to give you the xfer code..
  15. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by ScriptGuru
    The registrar is bound to give you the xfer code..
    The registrar isn't bound to give YOU the code, they are bound to give the code to the registered owner of the domain name. From there, that person can either act on it or ignore it, it's up to them.

As the domain isn't registered in your name (this is a VERY Common occurance with hosting companies that offer a "free domain name") then your choices are to start the dispute process, or cancel whatever accounts you have with that host, wait for the domain to expire and hope that you can register it again before someone else does.

If the domain name is a registered trademark or part of a copyright that you own, you'll have a greater claim over it. If it's something generic, then the fight will be a lot harder.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo