1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Recurring Payments with Credit Card

Hello,

I developed a website and I'm using the paypal api right now but we haven't been very pleased with it. The problem is during the development it does not take into consideration the paypal balance so the transactions go through unless it is negative test mode (it was not). After running live transactions we realized that we cannot use it unless the paypal account has a positive balance. The most common way to add funds is by linking your bank account or using a debit card.

We find this unacceptable for our business needs. We would like to allow monthly subscriptions using a debit card or credit card without having to create another online 'bank account'.

We also need to dynamically change the monthly amount and add payments because members can upgrade, downgrade and cancel. I managed to get this to work in paypal after a great amount of time learning all their rules and api calls.

Are there any better solutions for our needs?
    I've heard of Authorize.net and Payjunction but I'm uncertain what limitations these solutions have.

Who would you all recommend for recurring payments with credit card and what have your experiences been?

Thanks,
    nightFix
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Correction: I spoke with Paypal and they say everything I need to do should work so I guess it's just a matter of finding out why their security model is rejecting our payments.

I was using Express Checkout and not including a maxamt or final total on the initial call and after adding those it seems to be more permitting.

I looked into payjunction and they gave me a send the paperwork in this week and we'll give you the setup without the $449 fee deal.

I wasn't ready to make a decision but I have also been considering linkpoint or authorize even though I'm not thrilled with authorize's recurring fees. I don't know if a reseller can provide a package to adjust these.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Texan at Heart

Quantum Electronic Payment Gateway

You might check out Quantum Electronic Payment Gateway - it is a free gateway and will store your credit card numbers on their secure site. You can sign into the virtual terminal to bill a lower / higher amount or send information over to the gateway as well to get a response (if the transaction was approved / declined).

They will also give you a free test account to use on their staging servers.

The gateway will not charge you for storing the credit card numbers, recurring billing, or using its security features (MaxMind GeoIP, VBV / MSC, DialVerify). It helps to protect you from chargebacks, saving time and money for both you and the merchant account provider.

Comments on this post

• nightFix agrees
  7. No Profile Picture

Smile

I think cost cutting, being practical and set your priorities would help.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks a lot Corey!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo