Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Selling through money orders

I set up a small Ecrater store about 3 weeks ago.

Since I'm disabled and have no credit cards or bank account,I can only sell through money orders at the moment.
    Obviously,no sales.
    I was wondering though,is it really that hard to sell through money orders and what are my options if any.
    If I were to set up a personal website somewhere(I know basic HTML),does anyone here know of how I could possibly sell through credit cards given my condition.
    Sorry for the questions everyone,but I'm just a rookie.
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Well, if you're in business you should have a business account with a bank. You'll need a lot more than just HTML but as you no doubt have noticed almost every website involved in commerce from very small operations to the big ones all accept credit cards.

One thing you might want to think about is using PayPal. People can pay PayPal with a credit card, and you get the cash (after a significant fee from PP is deducted of course).
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture

I don't know if I can set up a bank account big enough to be with PayPal as I'm on disability.How big would it have to be?
    Due to my disability my credit rating also went down the drain.
    My Ecrater store was set up because it was free.
    All I want is to see how I can make a decent monthly income through the net.You never know when SSI payments could get chopped and I'm looking to be ready.
  7. Type Cast Exception

PayPal is not tied to your bank account at all. (Well, except to put money in and get money out of PayPal)
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you are limited to using money orders...I recommend using the USPS
    USPS money orders
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

All I want is to see how I can make a decent monthly income through the net
    If you have the time and as you stated "basic" HTML experience...you should be able to develop something on the web that can supplement your income via click ad revenue...
    The simple key is to come up with something unique that will draw traffic...i.e., a forum site etc. (I know it's not easy but it is possible) once you have a growing user base it does not take long to start making a couple of hundred $ a month or more...and if it really takes off you can make a LOT more than that...

good luck
  13. No Profile Picture

PayPal is not tied to your bank account at all.
    Does this mean I don't need a bank account?

you should be able to develop something on the web that can supplement your income via click ad revenue...
    Thanks tj for the advice.
    Any info on where I can get more info.lol
    A website or a thread around these here parts.

Much appreciated to all!
  15. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by billyboy2674
    Does this mean I don't need a bank account?
    If you're doing business you almost certainly need one. You'll also of course need to keep track of your expenses and your income and pay taxes ... and you'll need a bank account to get money out of paypal. And you can, of course, go to paypal.com and read the prodigious information they have available on their service ... They do have an ATM card option which I haven't checked out myself but that may be one way to get your money from them.
    Last edited by medialint; September 11th, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
    medialint.com

17. No Profile Picture

Thanks again.
    I hope tj or someone else can get back to me and let me know more about the click ads.
    I know I can google this,but I'm sure most of it will be spam or scam and would at least like the name of a few reputable names.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

check your PM inbox
  21. No Profile Picture

Ok I will thanks tj.
  23. No Profile Picture

erm....tj I get this message :

billyboy2674, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    3. Have you activated your account? Click Here! to receive activation e-mail and verify that your account has been activated.
    4. You can also visit our Esupport site to read the Knowledgebase Question that deals with finishing the activation process. Click Here.

Would've loved to reply.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

keep checking to see if your
    pm is enabled...otherwise I will respond here

patience...
  27. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by medialint
    you'll need a bank account to get money out of paypal. They do have an ATM card option which I haven't checked out myself but that may be one way to get your money from them.
    They can also mail you a check for $1.50 fee. This generally takes up to 10 days though, so would definitely slow things down a bit. Also, they do require certain information to be linked to their site, whether it be bank information, SSN, Credit Card number, etc, otherwise you can only withdraw $500/month.

As medialint mentioned though, you really should get a bank account to run a business. Another problem with money orders is that there are a lot of scams associated with them. For you to know for sure any money order is legit, it takes a couple of weeks... and I know you wont want to send any products out until everything's cleared... and several weeks to receive something seems excessive... Money orders are not the way to go.

If you are to run an online site, start a bank account... For those on diabilities, there should be a way to open an account without having to go in (if that's why you don't have one... not sure the extent of your disability...)

Starting an online businesses using money orders will end up being more of a headache than you're going to want to deal with... especially if you do start receiving counterfeit money orders or whatnot.
  29. No Profile Picture

Well,thanks to all.
    I still can't respond to Pm's so Tj I guess this thread is the only way.
    Finances are low so that's why I've not opened an account and I've always run away from credit cards because I've seen so many people ruined by them.
    I'm in the chicago area and my expertise has always been music in it's many forms,performance,production,composition etc.
    I don't even know if I can sign up to a click ad service without a credit card.
    So there,so many problems....lol
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo