1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Selling source code online.

Hey guys. need your opinion.

is hard to sell source code online?

I am jobless and i am planning to keep an eye on important freelance sites, seeking for high paid projects, bid on them... and even if i don't win the project, i will code it and sell it to anyone online.

But im not sure. some guy told me that its a bad idea since people don't care about source code, he told me that people want running systems with a lot of users.

so i need your opinion, because i don't want to end with a bunch of projects that i don't know what to do with.

has anyone tried this? how hard is to sell source code/projects online? what people expect from a $1000 dollars project?
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by hectorcaceres04
    some guy told me that its a bad idea since people don't care about source code, he told me that people want running systems with a lot of users.
    That guy is on the correct track.
    You should sell solutions for specific tasks and/or problems.

Originally Posted by hectorcaceres04
    what people expect from a $1000 dollars project?
    What would you expect yourself?
    IMO, the most important is to have the project/solution in a stable version.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can try to get some custom project order from freelance websites like Freelance.com or Elance

You can also provide some Gigs with Micro Jobs or Fiverr
    to make handsome money.(I have found there will be very few sourcecode gigs providers there ,means more opportunities )
  7. No Profile Picture

I know it's been quite a long time since this thread was last active, but I think I genuinely have an interesting piece of information to bring to the table: websites that specialize in code selling / buying do exist, they just aren't that visible.

Here's one (it's mine): codecreek.biz
  9. No Profile Picture

Sell source code

I agree to not to sell, just keep running the systems. Legacy systems are upgraded to newer versions. Html sites are upgraded to dynamic sites.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo