1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to share work of your website

Hello....I have a query. I am developing a web application, perhaps a social networking site. Now, in order to spread it in the market, I need to have some developers with me. My site is following MVC architecture with observer design pattern.

So, how to share my work with them. Do I have to give my password to all of them. I mean, is it sensible to provide others the entire control of the app. What would you suggest??
  3. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Moved to Business Help from PHP, though Project Help Wanted might be a better option.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  5. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

With a full scale web development project you generally have a live server, staging server, testing server and then a development machine for each developer that is working on the project.

Code is managed using version control, like SVN or GIT. Each developer has their own authentication details for this.

Not giving developers full access to the code will severely hurt their efficiency, and may make some tasks impossible for them to complete.

Generally the developers do not have access to the live or staging servers, but do have access to the testing server. However, it is often a good idea to give at least one developer access to the live and staging server so that they can debug problems that occur in the live environment but not in the testing or development environments.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    With a full scale web development project you generally have a live server, staging server, testing server and then a development machine for each developer that is working on the project.

Code is managed using version control, like SVN or GIT. Each developer has their own authentication details for this.

Not giving developers full access to the code will severely hurt their efficiency, and may make some tasks impossible for them to complete.

Generally the developers do not have access to the live or staging servers, but do have access to the testing server. However, it is often a good idea to give at least one developer access to the live and staging server so that they can debug problems that occur in the live environment but not in the testing or development environments.

Thnx for the reply..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo