Thread: Site Stolen

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

the only issue that I see in this is that you have to prove that x work was done for an agreed x amount. The problem is that unless you have a copy of your work, you might be sol. All he has to do is copy it to disc and show that it's not on the server. Unless there's an email that says it's done and he verifies it, you're not going to win.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Small claims is a good idea if you have:
    - solid evidence of the work (through the stages of development)
    - emails between you and him re: the work, and even the payments
    - any other tangible evidence

And yes, he pays the court costs if you win, on top of the invoice(s) amount.

Another option is to register a lien against his business or any of his assets. Liens are a killer.

Scott
  5. No Profile Picture

bombaywala thanks for that attachment I was looking for one of those.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

A collection agency might be a good option. They do all the work for a percentage of the money recovered.

Another option is to create a website specifically to tell the world about your dealings with this guy. Post copies of all the emails. Reference his business name often. Use it in the domain name: www.thisguyowesmemoney.com. Submit the site to the search engines. You will begin to pull business from him. That's when he will start to take notice. Be sure to keep things very objective in your descriptions, etc. Don't slander the guy or his business. Just state the truth.

Just my 2cts.

Edit: After I posted that, I decided that I liked the domain name, so I just registered it.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo