March 20th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Software Licensing Query
I have been checking the available Licences to see what would best suit my requirements for the release of a BBS script that I am coding in PHP.
Followings are the main requirements:
- Script would be licensed for FREE for personal and non-profit use
- Script can be modified for personal use only
- Any commercial or for-profit use would be subject to licence agreement
- No distribution rights for licensees
- Copy-right of the script would remain with the original author
- Community and other coders can provide additional Modules/Styles/Skins to compliment the script for Free or for Fee as per their wishes.
Does anyone know of any licence that meets the above requirements?
April 18th, 2004, 01:18 AM
what you say remind me of MySQL which is is Dual Licensed. Users can choose to use the MySQL software as an Open Source/Free Software product under the terms of the GNU General Public License or can purchase a standard commercial license from MySQL AB itself.
Maybe you can get more ideas from there?
The fun of programming starts when the bugs appears in your program.
April 18th, 2004, 02:51 AM
I will look into it.