1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Starting SEO Business

Hi Everyone,

I am about to start an SEO company. As it is a startup currently we are a team of 4 persons who has raw knowledge of SEO, Web designing, and Development. As we are knowledgeable enough to complete our task of SEO ranking keywords in good positions in SERP, decent website design and development.
    But the problem is we are not able to put a proper plan on how to design our own website. Am sorry it seems silly but we want to have a very proffessional website of our, so want to impress our future client with our website.
    So i want few suggestions how a SEO web development company website should be?
    what all should be added, do we have to have a landing page, or responsive one.
    How to break up the service, like SEO packages, offpages, web design packages, software development packages?
    What we should include in our Home page to impress our clients? like any blog, content, call to action, etc, ?
    Do you advice to use CMS to build our company website? let me tell you we guys are not much into PHP language as most popular CMS like wordpress, joomla, drupal are php based. If you do Advice how to use it to our required design.
    Would like to have suggestions from you guys to build a good professional website for a company.

Thanks guys
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Here's something to to do get you started:

1. Figure out what you can actually do.
    2. Figure out what you are actually going to offer.
    3. Write that down.
    4. List that on your site.

From what you've said is sounds like you're a group of people that have read a tiny bit about SEO and have decided that it's a 'money maker' when you really don't know anything about it at all. If you don't even know how to design your own websites layout and sitemap to maximise the SEO benefit, how can you ever hope to advise your customers on what they should be doing?

Be prepared for a hard road ahead. Doing SEO isn't the hardest thing in the world, but doing good SEO is very very hard because you're competing against an ever-increasing number of professional companies that have years of experience in doing these things better then their competitors (you).
  5. No Profile Picture

Yes Sir we have already did all the points that you have mentioned

And we have started working on our site.

Actually I have good knowledge of Internet Marketing and less about web development so wanted to take some ideas from here.

I am not starting this just for sake of money but it is just an effort to give something to this business and satisfactory service to customers hope we will create some positive change in this business.

Thank you
  7. No Profile Picture

Rankings add into the equation of a successful SEO campaign, but there are other variables to consider when looking at rankings.

Thanks
    los angeles seo service
  9. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you are serious about it, do your SEO work on your own site, and get in the top 5 on Google for "seo". That way you'll be fine, and you'll show that you can do what you say that you can. If you can do that, I'll sign up for your services.
  11. No Profile Picture

Yes I am also agreed. Today Seo service is becoming the vast area of income. Today everyone is using website to spread their services and offering lots of things to people. So due to that everyone need Seo people who can help them to provide visibility. Its really a good choice for business start up
  13. For POny!

Answer the following:

What do you offer?(limit the options, too much choices paralyzes) Why would someone choose for your products? (price, quality, speed, service?).

So in a nutshell: what makes you guys unique.
    Last edited by aeternus; October 18th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo