1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Texas Controller office help

I'm not sure if anyone here can help me, but I don't know where else I can possibly get advice.

So a few months ago I got stuck on the idea that I wanted to start a business. I had everything ready. My friends would be the employees, the business was register, and I had made business cards and all that. Last minute I had some unexpected expenses and haven't been able to recover since, so I never got started with the business. Letters kept coming in from the State Controller's office requiring my monthly income reports from the business. Since I haven't made anything, I kept pushing it back. Now my bank account if frozen and I've been charged for $1,000 and a $125 processing fee. I can understand freezing my account, heck I can understand the processing fee, but what is up with the 1000? Is that a fine? And for what exactly? Because of those charges my bank account is now negative 900. I can't contact the controller offices until monday because they are closed on the weekends. Can anyone help clear up what is going on here? I know it's a long shot.

I'm in Texas btw
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I had pretty much the same issue a year ago. The amounts you are seeing in the letters you have received are only estimates. Go to the closest state comptroller office. You can usually talk with someone and have them help you shut down the business entity you created. You will only owe some fee's for late filing if you havent communicated with them up until now.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo