1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Website Expense Reports

I am interested in expense reports for website developers and owners. Any and all information on this topic will be helpful.
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

What about expense reports? Expense reports are typically periodic requests for reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred as a cost of doing business. For web developers such expenses might be class/seminar fees, books, software purchases, travel expenses, etc. What did you need to know? There's not a whole lot of expenses in the cost of developing a website per se, usually such expenses as stock photography would be in the contract and wouldn't be charged as personal expenses but billable material costs.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture

medialint

I am interested in all of the above including billable costs such as domain names, expenses due to running ones own server, Website Maintenance, SEO, Energy Costs, Phones, anything that might or might not be a billable cost but might also be a cost of operation. I hope to use this or a case study to determine service fees and other things
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

Wait, so you want a list of everything that a business might spend money on?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  9. Type Cast Exception

I'm not really sure where this is going. Certainly paying your electric and phone bills are part of your own cost of doing business, but it's unfathomable to me that you'd specifically charge back clients for a portion of your electric bill.

The rate you charge should be enough revenue to cover your expenses and to hopefully turn some profit.

You tally up all the known expenses, budget for some unknowns, slap a thick layer of tax on top of it all and hope you get enough business to get back in black.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by medialint
    Certainly paying your electric and phone bills are part of your own cost of doing business, but it's unfathomable to me that you'd specifically charge back clients for a portion of your electric bill.

The rate you charge should be enough revenue to cover your expenses and to hopefully turn some profit.
    I agree, that is why I want to view expense reports, budgets, and case studies to have something to base the fees that I would charge my services on or even to determine if the project is worth development or even production phases.

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Wait, so you want a list of everything that a business might spend money on?
    I guess that is really what I am after. But if I could get my hands on expense reports , budgets, and case studies directed towards website developers, ISP's or Hosts' I could possibly develop figures to estimate and determine development, production, and operational expenses to approve|disapprove a project.
  13. No Profile Picture

Expense costs have differerent variables, it depends on what domain you are going to use, what quality and kind hosting you are going to buy and knowledge you have about doing that, be a little specific to get a better answer for your question.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo