Thread: As writer...

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

As writer...

What do you do with these blog and affiliate link sites.

any partnering advice!

information?

*not intended for gain
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Hi. I have a friend who is a professional blogger/freelance writer. As crazy as it sounds, she actually pays the bills by getting on the payroll of eZines. She goes out and does interviews, gets on the phone and does interviews, travels to events and reports on the event and does interviews, networks, networks, networks, gets more gigs, more contacts to network, repeat. She now is ghost writing a book with a sizeable advance (enough to pay her rent for the next year and still have enough to buy me a few drinks) and has interest in her own collection of essays to be her own first book. The ghost writing book, btw, will be of interest to many DevShedders as it's a personal story of a tragic event that was discussed in depth here a few years ago and a story people will remember for some time told from the widow's pov. And oh by the way all this blogging also led her to tell this account on behalf of the widow on Good Morning America. Yeah ... blogging really can turn into a career in journalism. :-)

That's her job, she works hard at it. If you plan to be a successful writer launching your career on the Internet then forget about affiliate links, it's real work even if it doesn't seem like it should be.

Oh. ... and do try to stay away from eDrama. (Where said friend is also listed, in not a very flattering way).
    Last edited by medialint; September 15th, 2009 at 04:37 PM.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by medialint
    Hi. I have a friend who is a professional blogger/freelance writer. As crazy as it sounds, she actually pays the bills by getting on the payroll of eZines. She goes out and does interviews, gets on the phone and does interviews, travels to events and reports on the event and does interviews, networks, networks, networks, gets more gigs, more contacts to network, repeat. She now is ghost writing a book with a sizeable advance (enough to pay her rent for the next year and still have enough to buy me a few drinks) and has interest in her own collection of essays to be her own first book. The ghost writing book, btw, will be of interest to many DevShedders as it's a personal story of a tragic event that was discussed in depth here a few years ago and a story people will remember for some time told from the widow's pov. And oh by the way all this blogging also led her to tell this account on behalf of the widow on Good Morning America. Yeah ... blogging really can turn into a career in journalism. :-)

That's her job, she works hard at it. If you plan to be a successful writer launching your career on the Internet then forget about affiliate links, it's real work even if it doesn't seem like it should be.

Oh. ... and do try to stay away from (Where said friend is also listed, in not a very flattering way).

Hey Medialint, “eDrama" is a great term! It seems as though people love to pick at things. SeaGulls have the same habit. If there is someone in halfway the public eye, there is always the “neys , as well as the yeas.” It’s the ying and the yang effect.

eDrama is an original term that I never heard before, however I know what you mean. I remember when the Rolling Stones came on the scene many years ago (ancient memories). The critics bad mouthed them. That criticism made them more famous. It’s a crazy phenomenon. Yes it's eDrama. I’m thinking now of an article devoted to that. Thank You
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by cvenbeatt
    What do you do with these blog and affiliate link sites.

any partnering advice!

information?

*not intended for gain
    I trust you don't get offended but, I'm trying to understand your question.

What do you mean by "not intended for gain?"

If you have no gain intention, why ask a question?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo