Thread: Web Design

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web Design

Hi im a web designer.

I own the company www.edgwebuk.com.

We have been up now since march, and our name isnt really spreading. Any tips on getting some clients?

i thank in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Start building up your resume. Since you began, build great sites for free, in exchange for a link back to your site.
  5. No Profile Picture

Nice graphics. But since it's flash, hard to do search engine optimization on the page.
    Submit to DMOZ, and try to get as many links to your site from other sites as possible.
    Also sign up on places like elance to get some exposure.
  7. Contributing User

When you are first starting out, advertising locally is a great idea. Although some may be obvious, here are a few ideas that cost nothing or very little:

- email all your friends and family that you are now hosting.
    - go to local business meetings or join a networking group
    - always carry business cards and give one out when appropriate
    - go to local small business and give them a flyer or business card and introduce yourself
    - write articles about how web hosting can help businesses and submit them to local newspapers and/or newsletters
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you need to make your site a little bit more search engine friendly.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

hi
    i dont know if you have tried this, but if you go on www.wordtracker.com, you can enter words about your site and it will use a thesaurus, and tell you which words to use in your site to optimize it. The free trial only covers www.altavista.com, but its is generally the same as google, although the full version is quite reasonably priced, and gives you words for definate. It is not a complete replacement for a professional SEO, but if you use one or two of the best words in your title, and remove others that arent working, it really helps.
    I have read in other posts that SEO may be difficult on your site due to flash, but i was inable to get onto it (page could not be displayed).
    Also, try banner ads and exchanges, they are usually good for spreading your name. for an old website, i used www.trafficslam.com, i remeber that being quite good.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo