1. Person
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Copyright infringement

Let's say I took a photograph of a city or something and wanted to sell it. The buyer should be able to use it in whatever way he/she likes, commercial reasons etc. However, I want to restrict duplication and reselling of the photo.

If, for example, we were working with a third party website, would documentation of the terms agreed upon be enough to press a lawsuit, or would I have to have had each individual photo copyrighted for proof? Not sure exactly how this works, anyone familiar? (Btw, I'm just looking ahead, no one is in trouble on this.) Thanks guys.
    Give Opera some love. Use it and you'll see why.

Oh, those monkeys.::What's wrong with the world today?::The lion king in 5 seconds.

My body is so sexy.
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You should be able to copyright a whole bunch of photos in one batch: look here

Yes if you see the possibility of litigation you'd better have a copy in the LOC.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

You can learn more over at creativecommons.org.

Kimm
    - oDesk

Comments on this post

• medialint disagrees : Not relevant to the question, he wasn't asking about a creative commons license he was inquiring about copyright ... and you bounced a six month old thread are you just bouncing to get your oDesk link all over the place or what?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo