1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Marketing Question

This is an age old question, sorry to sound like a broken record but I'm really stuck.

I've tried Google ads, website ads, a load of things. I get on average 50-100 unique hits per day, a lot of return visitors, and no new business. I run a web hosting/web design company, very competitive prices. Not sure what I'm doing so wrong.
  3. Contributing User

In case if you're targeting very competitive terms, you should start focusing more on local search terms.
    Last edited by bryan_m; January 3rd, 2009 at 06:45 AM.
  5. Contributing User

As in meta tags? Google ads? What did you mean?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You should target those localized terms in all aspects. Adwords, meta, text based links, or any other advertising.

Any way to narrow your target helps get your message out to the correct people. Thus creating more sales. You can have 1000 people visit your site but if those people are not looking for hosting or your particular item they will not purchase anything.

Are you running any Analytics on your website? This could help determine where your visitors are coming from and possibly rework your adwords campaigns.
  9. Contributing User

Well my meta tags are all related to what the organization does. Google ads have NEVER worked. Analytics shows that a lot of traffic... A LOT comes from forum advertising, but no new clients lately... Maybe something is wrong with how I have the site laid out? Check out bkriegtech.net and let me know if maybe that's the problem, because I'm at a loss for ideas here.

Thanks again!
  11. No Profile Picture

Your site structure is reasonable with prices clear on your home page and a logical layout of information. I note too that your prices are very competitive but the web hosting is a competitive industry and there are competitors out there who are matching your prices but who have websites that are more convincing.

You may like to consider updating your website design to something with a bit more of a professional edge. Your current design seems to sprawl out too much on larger screen resolutions too (the lines become so long that they are kind of difficult to read).

You could try to think too about how to differentiate your service from that of competitors. If you can convince potential clients that you offer benefits that your competitors don't then perhaps that will help. Perhaps you could include an unmissable message on your website about why customers should choose you over competitors.

I hope that is of some help. Good luck with it, Fazexx.
  13. No Profile Picture

I had that same problem.

15. Contributing User

So the wow factor isn't there... I get it now.
  17. Contributing User

Well I added a lot more to it than my last post...

The link again is www.bkriegtech.net

Opinions?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo