1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Soccer Managment Advice

Hi guys

I am in the process of developing a small online soccer game, which is proving to be very tricky, as it seems I cant use any of the original team names, as they are registered trade marks.

Its very hard to find advice on what I can use as alternatives. As I dont want to break any laws or upset any football clubs.

Thus my post on here as Ive got several alternate names for teams but just dont know if they are going to be ok.

As alternatives I thought well I could just use the city names, instead of newcastle utd, use just newcastle as, anyone know if this would be ok ?

The problem with that is for example chelsea, I would use chelsea exactly the same, so am not sure about that now lol.

Also Instead of arsenal i could use A'snal, but not sure if this would be ok too.

Anyone know anyone whos had experiance of this, and have any idea how to resolve this issue without breaking any laws ?

Usme
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You may be able to license the names, even the logos. Clubs under one league may have media kits available for this if you play by their rules. It kinda becomes a gray area with the similar names especially if you essentially duplicate a league. If its in any way related to real world stats then you need to license the statistics too. Otherwise just make stuff up.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo