1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Disclaimer advice?

HI there. I am setting up a download website with the files hosted on senspace. For the less popular downloads i will move them on to my own servers. I am going to provide the files 'as is' i.e. no zips, exes etc. Where do i stand legally. I am going to have a disclaimer that people must read before downloading each file. Any advice as to what to say??
    Thanks!!
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Unless you can say (c) whomever all content used with permission of the copyright holders you legally are on the hook, disclaimer or not.

There's hours of music on my website, I don't charge for it, you can listen to it freely. I own the copyright, I can do that. But, you cannot deep link to me, nor take my music and put it on your own site without permission. It's really that simple. If you did I have legal recourse against you for violating my right to control how my intellectual property is distributed.
    Last edited by medialint; December 23rd, 2009 at 01:36 PM.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I mean about if somehow a virus creeps in to my downloads. This is all going to be original productions but if i get sent a zip with a virus and my antivirus doesn't pick it up and i then upload it...
    Thanks for replying.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo