1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How companies do Business on Internet.

Hello, All!

I've very basic questions I think but I don't know about these.

How these big companies work on Internet like Google, Yahoo, MSN etc..? I know one way of their earning which is advertising and publishing but is there any more ways of their earning?

I'm a web designer but don't know how to do business on Internet? I know I cannot create this type of big business like Yahoo etc but I think I can create small website and earn. So I don't know how to start a website and what should be its topic and which type of website will be pretty good for my earning?

I know HTML, CSS, JSP and bit of Java Script.

I have also listened about Google Adsense but is there any other company which give same earning like Google Adsense? Because whole World is using Adsense and everyone prefer this. Why? Once they block account then site go into hell. I didn't have an Google Adsense experiment but some my friends had this service but they earned nothing after their Adsense account blockage.

I hope for the good descriptive answer.

Regards,

Happy
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't know how to start a website and what should be its topic and which type of website will be pretty good
    Here's the secret to success:

Find people that want something, then provide that thing they want to them.

It's that simple. Well, it helps to have a lot of money to promote it too .. as well as making it appealing and marketable to begin with

whole World is using Adsense
    Yep which is why you likely will make nothing using things like this.

Adsense account blockage
    Don't do like your friends and violate TOS agreements and you'll avoid this problem.

Comments on this post

• jzd agrees
    Last edited by medialint; June 14th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture

Hello, medialint!

I'm afraid to say I couldn't understand properly what you replied.

Here's the secret to success: Find people that want something, then provide that thing they want to them. It's that simple. Well, it helps to have a lot of money to promote it too .. as well as making it appealing and marketable to begin with
    I actually want to start my own little business on Internet. I mean I want to start my own website. So what I should have to do? I've many topics in my mind but still have not decided which one to choose and which one will be liked by visitors? How much money should put in start?

If I earn little amount of $ then it'll equal to a good amount in my country. So just tell me how can do this? Just a small but successful business.

Yep which is why you likely will make nothing using things like this.
    Please explain what does it mean?

Don't do like your friends and violate TOS agreements and you'll avoid this problem.
    You are right, it can be possibility but some times I have seen that Google blocked some accounts without any reason. So what is this? Why Google do this?

Also if Google account is blocked then is there any other program equals to Google Adsense? That should give equal earning?
  7. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

My point was that you need to create something that people want. You can't just build a website and expect people to care about it or even to visit it. Now that everyone in the world and their pet hamster own a website you need something to set yourself apart from the other 999,999,999,999 of them. If I had a great idea I'd be working on it instead of posting here.

As far as Google, I have no comment on their policies or business practices. If you or a friend have issue with their business then please address that directly with them.

If you're only putting up a website to make money you'll fail. Successful websites have an original idea and usually an owner that is passionate about his business and/or subject matter. Which you apparently have neither.

Comments on this post

• hiker agrees
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  9. No Profile Picture

If you don't want to use Google Adsense maybe host your own adverts on your site, this might be easier than having to reach £60 via Adsense from impressions and clicks, for example £60 Per Month for a skyscraper side banner etc for just the adspace, or you could go with impressions and clicks. Often small businesses don't want commitment thus not paying for impressions and clicks so this may be an incentive to pay the one sum for the adspace. BuySellAds offer this service.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo